Copywriter - Remote
at Tobin Jarrett Consulting
Tobin Jarrett Consulting is a consulting and coaching company based in Asheville, NC. Our mission is to help solopreneurs and small businesses to make more money and save time so they can focus on what matters most in their lives: growing their business, making a difference, spending time with their friends and family. We believe that by empowering small businesses to make a bigger impact through systems and automation, we are helping to create a better world.
We fulfill this mission by working with businesses to design and implement strategic systems to streamline and automate many processes in their business, with a special marketing automation.
The value we offer through our resources includes coaching, live events, training, pre-built campaign templates, blogs and newsletters.
Contractor Position Overview
This will be 5-10 hours per week to start but will likely expand to more hours, depending on various factors.
It is a 1099/contractor scenario with flexible hours, so you work when you want.
We are of course looking to get the most value for our HR cost. It is our custom to have our applicants start out by letting us know the minimum hourly rate they ask to be paid. If an applicant makes it far enough through the process that it becomes relevant, we may do some negotiating from there.
We handle the marketing, sales, initial onboarding, and project scope creation.
You get to do what you love: make our clients’ brands, offers and promotions shine and with your writing!
The Project Manager is responsible for generating writing marketing and sales copy for our clients (and our own business). At times you’ll be generating copy entirely from scratch, whereas the vast majority of the time, you’ll be fleshing out, massaging, tightening and “zhuzhing” up the roughed-out copy/bullet points provided by our clients! You’ll offer copy, get revisions and feedback, and refine until the copy is “green lit” by the client and ready for deployment into whatever asset it’s meant for! You’ll be in communication with the other stakeholders and client to help ensure the deliverables are completed on time.
Here’s a list of the kinds of things you’ll be writing for:
- Webpages (landing pages for lead generation, sales pages, etc. etc.)
- Marketing and sales emails
- Webinar and video scripts
- Software: Experienced in Google Docs
- Managing: Ensure designs/revisions are on track to prevent project bottlenecks
- Self-management: Able to perform at a high level while working as a remote team member.
- Project Experience: Minimum of 2 years of business/marketing copywriting experience.
- Interpersonal: Self-motivated, flexible, and open to feedback, best practices, and change.
- Communication: Impeccable English communication and listening skills.
- Professional: Trustworthy, reliable, empathetic, likable, and calm under pressure.
- Writing for conversion: As we’re a marketing agency, everything we do is about helping our clients get better results in their business. More leads, more engagement, more sales. As such, we naturally desire that all writing lends itself to those goals!
- Reliable and communicative: You ask high-quality questions.
- Aware of your (time and skill) limitations: You don’t take on more than you can manage.
- Trustworthy and you have high integrity: You do what you say, by when you say you’ll do it. Or, if it becomes clear you won’t be able to meet an agreed-upon deadline, you are in communication well in advance of missing the deadline to create a new deadline.
- Detail-oriented: You notice and attend to the little details.
- Drama-free work life: You keep things professional, courteous, respectful.
- Experience and Values:
- Experience working in a team-oriented, virtual environment
- Resonates with Tobin Jarrett Consulting core values and mission.
Please take a few minutes to carefully review and submit your application below. Note that honesty is critical here. Just because you don’t have skills in certain areas does not necessarily mean you won’t be considered.