Project Manager - Remote
at Tobin Jarrett Consulting
Tobin Jarrett Consulting is a consulting and coaching company based in Asheville, NC. Our mission is to help solopreneurs and small businesses to make more money and save time so they can focus on what matters most in their lives: growing their business, making a difference, spending time with their friends and family. We believe that by empowering small businesses to make a bigger impact through systems and automation, we are helping to create a better world.
We fulfill this mission by working with businesses to design and implement strategic systems to streamline and automate many processes in their business, with a special marketing automation.
The value we offer through our resources includes coaching, live events, training, pre-built campaign templates, blogs and newsletters.
Contractor Position Overview
This will be 10-15 hours per week to start but will likely expand to more hours, depending on various factors.
It is a 1099/contractor scenario with flexible hours, so you work when you want.
We are of course looking to get the most value for our HR cost. It is our custom to have our applicants start out by letting us know the minimum hourly rate they ask to be paid. If an applicant makes it far enough through the process that it becomes relevant, we may do some negotiating from there.
The mission of the Project Manager is to help keep our team aligned and in action across our various projects, so that we meet deadlines internally, and for our client projects. Since we have numerous projects and several teammates across a number of timezones, it’s critical that the person for this role is able to make the leanest possible communications to ensure that tasks are being done on time, foresee when things are running behind, and preemptively mitigate failures to timely delivery.
What a Project Manager Does at Tobin Jarrett Consulting
The Project Manager uses our four-stop process (strategy, design, build, optimize) to manage the day-to-day project and tasks of our tasks. From project kickoff to completion, you’ll encourage and motivate a team of designers, marketing associates and creatives to deliver on cutting-edge client marketing and branding initiatives.
The Project Manager is responsible for promoting project management best practices while tracking work deliverables and deadlines. This role requires project management expertise, use of project management software (we use Asana) and tools, problem-solving, critical thinking, and solid people skills.
- Leading: Able to lead multiple cross-team projects tracking timely client marketing deliverables.
- Project: Coach and train team members on project tools, workflows, and task management.
- Software: Experienced in, or willing to learn Asana, Ontraport, Google Drive and other business apps.
- Managing: Ensure daily and weekly tasks are on track, while risks and issues are mitigated.
- Reporting: Compile weekly and monthly project reports; identify process improvements.
- Documentation: Maintain deliverables so they can be retrieved and repurposed as needed.
- Self-management: Able to perform at a high level while working as a remote team member.
- Project Management: Minimum of 2 years of business/marketing project management experience.
- Team Management: Experience with high-performing business clients and creative professionals.
- Driver: Able to track, follow up, and execute on client-driven marketing plans with ease.
- Interpersonal: Self-motivated, flexible, and open to feedback, best practices, and change.
- Communication: Excellent English communication, listening, persuasion, and negotiation skills.
- Professional: Trustworthy, reliable, empathetic, likable, and calm under pressure.
- B2B: Experience working with small businesses to improve sales and marketing.
- You’re reliable and communicative, and you ask high-quality questions.
- You’re aware of your (time and skill) limitations and you don’t take on more than you can manage.
- You’re trustworthy and you have high integrity, doing what you say, by when you say you’ll do it. Or, if it becomes clear you won’t be able to meet an agreed-upon deadline, you are in communication well in advance of missing the deadline to create a new deadline.
- You’re detail-oriented and you test thoroughly. If/when you make mistakes (you’re human, they happen), you take responsibility for it, clean up any mess/fix and move on.
- You practice a drama-free work life, keeping things professional, courteous, respectful.
- Language: ability to speak and write fluently in English.
- Experience and Values:
- Experience with Ontraport or other CRM/marketing automation software.
- A technology enthusiast who is an early adopter of new products and a quick learner of new applications.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, virtual environment
- Resonates with Tobin Jarrett Consulting core values and mission.
Please take a few minutes to carefully review and submit your application here. Note that honesty is critical here. Just because you don’t have skills in certain areas does not necessarily mean you won’t be considered.